it's time

Friday, April 18, 2008

This morning I woke up and found my room full of clutter… because of busy days, I didn’t notice that so many things had already accumulated in my room. I just noticed it today because I was looking for my hair brush and I couldn’t find it. I got used to the mess of my room that I didn’t notice I don’t have much space left anymore. Clothes pile up in my closet and I don’t have a room to hang the new ones. In my dresser are perfume bottles that were almost empty, others were half full because I don’t want to use the same scent for long. Lotions that have come to its expiry date, creams, unused make-ups because I don’t like the shade, receipts, tickets, business cards, pictures, and other thingies were all mixed up. The other closet where I keep my bags and other stuffs was also a mess. And my bed was not an exception; I have there a notebook, bag, and few notes on pieces of paper. Every corner in my room was filled with junk. And so I started to clean up. I found a lot of things, from the past keepsakes up to the most recent ones. I had to sort those things that I had to keep and throw away all the unnecessary stuffs that occupy my room. Easy as it may sound but in reality, there are things that I still wouldn’t want to let go of. i stopped... I was stuck holding on to a tin can full of cards, notes, and chocolate wrappers, all given by someone special to me then... I wasn’t sure if I’ll place it in the trash bag or keep it just for the memory… but then again, the sentimental side of me ruled. I placed it on the back corner of my closet. Maybe next time I clean up, I wouldn’t be so attached to it anymore. I found more and more stuffs as I go over my room. I’ve kept them for quite some time now because I thought I’ll be able to use them in the future but until now, I didn’t find any use for it. The others, I’ve kept because of its value to me during that certain period of time. But since a lot of things already happened and the memory associated with it was already of no value to me, I guess it’s time to throw them all away now. And as I continue to organize my room, I’ve realized that now is also the time for me to organize myself… to keep things with value and to let go of trash inside. It’s time to let go of the past to give space to the present and the future. No matter how valuable they were to me then, I have to accept that they are of no use now. They would just occupy the space I could give to others. There are a lot more things to clean up and organize. Let go... move on... it’s time.

Permalink | 0 Comments